Our support strategy
ETIC was created to contribute to the development of education inclusive in Cameroon. ETIC, through its methods and tools, promotes a educational system more responsive to differences and children's skills, more based on strengths than on points low.
Tools and methods of ETIC and inclusive education are more Important, must-see, for children with autism.
ETIC does not aim to replace the social milieus of the child (the school, the family, play and leisure spaces, spaces for sport), but to give children the bases to benefit from a development and education in his social circles.
Our goals are:
- Train, inform, communicate and sensitize the population on autism and learning disabilities;
- Accompany parents to be more autonomous in management and the coordination of their child's programs and their to acquire the reflexes that stimulate the child and make him assess.
- Define a project with the child at the center of the said project:
The objective is to set up an intervention adapted to
difficulties of the child with autism or learning disability
based on the A.B.A, TEACCH and PECS approach for:
- To allow a better quality of life for the child and his entourage;
- Enable and promote integration into mainstream education;
- Allow to acquire autonomy and a better adaptation in society;
- Propose an early intervention that will promote learning and will limit the accumulation of delays in the different areas of development.
An innovative concept
Children with autism and / or learning disabilities are too often referred to specialized and dedicated centers only to them, while mixing with ordinary children is a very important progression factor.
ETIC offers an alternative intervention solution in the middle with the introduction of individualized programs allowing the child to adapt to the environment in which he evolves (school, home ...).
The main actors
Families are involved in caring for their families child. Their skills and experiences and those of professionals are shared. Every child has his referent, each participant is able to work with each child and vice versa.
All the difficulties encountered are treated as a team and make the object of immediate rehabilitation of programs, in relation with the parents.
The other actors are:
speech therapist and psychomotor therapist.
Major Actors: Parental and Family Involvement
In our strategy, parents are co-workers. They are the first link in the chain of intervention the child. Their involvement in this project is essential, their support application of the programs is essential. Parental guidance gives the family the tools they need to manage the child on a daily basis.
The goal is to get parents to be autonomous in the management and coordination of programs for their child, their to acquire the reflexes that stimulate the child and make him progress.
Psychologists, counselors and the medical profession and paramedics work together in a spirit of respect for the multidisciplinary and sharing.